Opening October 2016's Kawaii Box!



So last month I heard about this cool subscription box service called Kawaii Box. You've probably tried a fair few in your time, the kind that include beauty and skin products galore but this one is for the cute lovers in life. Kawaii is a Japenese term for 'Cute' and this very cute box contains various adorable items from Japan and Korea. Like any other subscription box it comes monthly, I purchase a 3 month subscription so you've got another two of these delightful boxes to enjoy- though I'm sure I'll renew my subscription because this box was just too good! Anyway, on with the unboxing (which was easy enough, I appreciate when they don't cover it in tape and it requires angry cutting to get into)


First inside (as well as a cute 'Share your Box' explanation and signature paper) is this little 'Thank You' card which is so sweet- thank you Kawaii Box!


On the flipside it contains 'spoilers' of what's inside the box. I chose not to look at this when I opened it purely for the surprise but it is handy, especially with items that are completely in Korean/Japanese, to figure out what things are.


Firstly is this little Pote Pote Disney Snow White keychain. I've never heard of these before, they kinda remind me of a Tsum Tsum, just standing upright and not lying down. This is very soft and squishy, the body feels like a beanie. It's actually quite big for a keychain, I've added it to my car keys anyway as I love it so much- and so does everybody who sees it!


These took a little investigating, they're Halloween themed gum from Marukawa. I'm not normally a gum person but I'll give these a shot, one is red and the other seems to be silver/black according to the packaging. I'm expect something really sweet out of these.


The first thing that caught my eye and OMG IT'S PIKACHU! I love Pokemon, if you didn't know, and this coin purse is just everything I need in life. It says Pokemon Center on the back of the card and comes with a keychain, so I suppose you could hang it from your house keys, car keys or bag for easy access. I currently use a big pencil case for work (I'm a Waitress and all my free money goes towards a float) but hopefully, fingers crossed, I'll change jobs soon and get to use this little guy!



A third cute keychain (keep it up Kawaii Box my car keys can take it!) is this little Strawberry Oreo delight. I love Oreo's, particularly all the new exciting flavours and surprisingly I've never tried Strawberry. It looks so cute and it's very squishy, it reminds me of a stressball (I normally find Oreo's a source of comfort when stressed) and it has a very nice Oreo-y smell as well. Pleasantly surprised.


These are Karipori Candy Sticks, according to the little 'Thank You' note. They come in a very nice little box with a flap that opens at the top, and you get two per packet. I've only tried the Cola flavour so far and it's very cola-y. You may as well have a pint of coke, you'll get the same taste. I have no idea what the purple one is, it looks sweet and tasty anyway. We'll have to see. I'll try and post what I think on Twitter. Check below for my Twitter handle.


This is a very cute Animal Spray Bottle. I love this. It's travel sized so it would be perfect for on the go or if you were heading on holiday (With the amount of liquid restrictions imposed this could be helpful for carrying perfume etc.) It may even help with hot days, we have the fires on at work and I might carry this with some cold water topped up to cool me down when the kitchen gets too much. Thank you Kawaii Box you're a lifesaver!


This is a 'Happy Food Eraser', it looks like it says it's from Yatai? Anyway it's adorable, it reminds me of the cute ones you used to find in WHSmith's stationary section. He has a blue body with a melting pink Ice Cream top and a smiley face all on his little Ice Cream stick. This could definitely be a cute present for a niece or nephew or yourself! I'm more than excited to use this whilst drawing.


MORE KEYCHAINS! This is a Cross Stitch Keychain Kit from Korea, it comes with two little keychain patterns and lots of different coloured threads. I wish I was good at cross stitching, I might give this one to my Gran and ask her to make it for me for Christmas or I could get my act together and try it myself! I love the little Apple design and the Pineapple is very relevant for Pineapple Pen!


Two of my favourite things in life- Food and Stickers. These cool food stickers come in a range of Japanese food designs, ideal for your sketchbook, journal or to decorate a phone case or notebook. They look so tasty! I'm going to open up my old language book and use these to help me learn Japanese in a fun way.


My heart melts for this card. It says 'Whatever you do, do it with all your heart'. It's from Moomin and shows a little guy trying to cut wood with an axe. It definitely gives out a positive message of never giving up which I love and it could be an amazing good luck card for somebody, I might keep it for when a friend moves jobs (No I won't give it to myself! Even though I want to ,hehe)


Our penultimate item are these very cute Sakura Blossom envelopes. I would love to use these to send letters, they'd be much better than your normal boring brown/white envelopes. I can also imagine they'd be a great way to wrap small presents like necklaces. The blue pops and the pink is a cute touch indeed here.


Finally the box contained this little mechanical pencil which I nearly didn't see.There's a little lion design with a mint green rubber, white background and mechanical pencil top. Very handy for writing without the need to sharpen, it's so dainty and cute that it would fit into any pencil case without looking garish at all!

I loved this month's Kawaii Box and I'm very excited for next month's- and the month after's! If you'd like to purchase one visit @KawaiiBoxCo on twitter or Kawaiibox.com for more details. Really hoping for some Christmassy delights in the months to come. Thank you so much Kawaii Box!

Sophie <3
Twitter: @nosophienoblog
Snapchat: nixonlsophie
Business Email: nixonlsophie@gmail.com



Related Articles

2 comments:

  1. I think I might give this box a go even if it's just for one month! I've got a Kawaii obsessed blogger friend who will love this concept so I'll share your post with her :)
    Rebecca, libfemblog.com xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh my goodness, everything is so adorable! My favourites are the stickers and keychains, they are so sweet! I'm wishing for a box for Christmas now *sigh* :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram - tempting Too Faced Gingerbread giveaway!)

    ReplyDelete

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About

19 year old liver of life delivering you quirky readings on lifestyle topics, anime and all round cuteness on a regular, or as regular as I can, basis. Twitter: @nosophienoblog