'LETS PAINT!' Team Rocket Pikachu!

Whilst doing some browsing (*cough* shopping*) on Pokecenterloot I came across the new range of 'Villain' Pikachu's from the Poke Centers in Japan. And in celebration of this and Pokemon's 20th anniversary I did a little painting of the Team Rocket Pikachu plush to kick off this 'series' (I don't know what to call it) of paintings. I may not be the best artist but I enjoy it, and I think I verge more on the simple style of things- if it looks like it then that's good for me!

So let's get on with it!

Since I started painting again (I stopped when my anxiety got so bad I couldn't finish a piece) I started sketching in blue, I remember BananaJamana (amazing Youtuber and artist, check her channel out, I'll pop it below) saying sketching in blue helps the colours pop and it really does. It's less harsh as well and easily coverable with light colours if your sketch goes a little wrong. I used the Plush as a base and changed the pose to give Pikachu a bit more life and sass (because who is more sassy than Team Rocket!)

I don't paint in any particular order. I like doing the striking bits first because it gives me a bit of confidence that the painting will look like what it's supposed to so here I started with the ears and the eyes. I pick up most of my art supplies from my local Boyes shop, it has an amazing craft selection upstairs. They aren't the fanciest but art supplies in the UK are fairly expensive so I do my best with what I have. I thought getting new acrylics was spoiling myself! Acrylic is normally my paint of choice because I find watercolour dreary and oil too thick. I normally paint on canvas' as well but I'm out currently so I used paint paper.

The painting took more shape after I started Pikachu's body. My painting skills are still a bit rusty so there was some smudging around the eye that I later corrected with more yellow. The shape of Pikachu's body made it easy to create shape. I like to stop myself once I finish the painting and look away from it, that way I notice any obvious bits I need to finish.



And this is the finished product! Just as cute as the Plush and bent on world domination, Pikachu must've finally gone over to the dark side after being captured by James, Jessie and Meowth! If you fancy getting the plush I'll pop it below. I'd also recommend checking out the special Pikachu's and the Christmas range now we're all taking down our Halloween decor! If you liked this then drop a comment, like or share on Twitter and follow me for more Kawaii art.


Sophie <3 x
Twitter: @nosophienoblog
Snapchat: nixonlsophie
Also on Bloglovin

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About

19 year old liver of life delivering you quirky readings on lifestyle topics, anime and all round cuteness on a regular, or as regular as I can, basis. Twitter: @nosophienoblog