Mini Lush Halloween and Christmas Haul!

I made an excuse yesterday that I needed new Winter boots so I could go out shopping at my local shopping centre and "just happen" to pass a Lush store. Which means I can't come out without something, I mean that never happens. And in my defense (as well as Lush being an amazing, ethical, mainly Vegan shop), I had been saving to get a few little Halloween bits and bobs after the success of Autumn leaf and I allowed myself to get an odd Christmas item too- leaving the super Christmassy ones till nearer the time where Santa comes down the chimney. I got served by the lovely Jade, many thanks for all of her help, advice and for putting up with my eager Lush ramblings. Tell me if you've tried any of these products and what you think and if there's anymore I should try in the run up to   the holiday season.

When I was planning my Lush adventure on Sunday night, I did a bit of online window shopping to get some idea of what things I would like to purchase (walking into the glorious Lush shop with no ideas could be deadly). One thing that caught my eye was Santa Baby. I've never tried a Lush lip tint, I have tried one of their scrubs called Popcorn which is a staple of my morning routine and is amazing at getting the dry skin off your lips in a tasty way (In no way a substitute for Popcorn at the Cinema however). After using that I tried Santa Baby, a beautiful wintery red colour exactly like Santa's bulging belly. I did do quite a heavy coating of this, which probably wasn't necessary which does show off the beautiful colour. It's very soft and smooth and glides effortlessly onto the lips. An ideal vibrant shade ready for Christmas time!
Contains:
Extracts of Cherries and Dates in Glycerine (Cherries are detoxifying and antibacterial whilst Dates are slightly astringent due to their 'Tannin' content).
Organic Rose Hip Oil (Contain Vitamin C, Carotene, Vitamin P, B-Complex Vitamins and Rutin)
Fair Trade Shea Butter (Intensely nourishing, contains oleic acid which is a fatty acid compatible with the sebum produced naturally in our skin meaning it's absorbed easily and helps with the absorption of other ingredients).
Extract of Cinnamon Stick and Mandarin in Glycerine (Plenty of helpful, some medicinal properties and provides a gorgeous scent)
Vegan

Snow Fairy has to be the official scent of Christmas. I was immediately drawn to the Snow Fairy stand at the front of the Lush store and this little gem, which I think is new to this years batch of goodies. Snow Fairy reminds of Christmas 2014 when my friend Elin's sister worked at Lush and won the Wow Box, disliked Snow Fairy and gave me all the products. Regardless of already liking it I developed an intense love for this sickly sweet scent. Anyway! Snow Fairy is the smell that makes up Fairy Dust, a dusting powder, that is my new favourite Lush item.You can sprinkle it over yourself after a wash for a delightful light scent and sparkly finish or dust it over pillows and bedsheets for a sugary way to fall asleep at night.
Contains:
Cornflour (A fine silken powder)
Citral (Fresh odour of lemon peel)
Limonene (Lemon-like odour)
Snowflake Lustre and Fandango Lustre (Obvious)
Vegan




Another thing I'm ashamed to say I've never tried are Lush's shimmer and massage bars (and I call myself a Lushie! Pfft). Mainly because I'm just terrible at spoiling myself, I could coat myself in shimmer after a bath but I'm a bit lazy and tend to hop into my pj's and get to bed ASAP. But not now! After promising myself a bit more me time I've purchased Goth Fairy, a lilac pink shimmer bar that certainly does leave quite the sparkle! (See Above). I haven't had the opportunity to try this entirely yet after using Fairy Dust last night I was sparkly enough. But it's pale purple finish gives a moonlit glow for Halloween and I'm excited to try it, maybe even as a subtle highlighter for my costume.
Contains:
Illipe Butter (Side note: I love that name! Hydrates and restores skin's vitality)
Bergamot Oil (Natural fruit acids encourage hair to lie flat to reflect more light, antibacterial, uplifting fragrance that can treat SAD)
Almond Oil (Moisturising, packed with Vitamin E, healing properties sooth the skin and when applied softens the entire hair shaft)
Grapefruit Oil (Cleansing, brightening effect on the skin)
Vegan

The highlight of this haul (no pun here, it's not a shimmer bar) is the Fireside Soap. Aesthetically this sope is gorgeous both before and after the chop. Mine was perfect for me, I wanted a decent sized chunk showing off the two tone flame with the red background. It smells amazing too! It reminds me of cold winter nights in front of the fire with a cup of tea, as the fire flickers and the woods burns. I will be utterly devastated when this product is no longer available, I may be asking for a big chunk of this for Christmas as this gem of a soap means I'll never be using run of the mill supermarket soap again.
Contains:
Clove Bud Oil (Used to create warming perfume blends and has a stimulating effect on the skin)
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Softens hair and skin and adds a touch of the tropical with its fragrance)
Vanilla Absolute (Has some antioxidant properties)
Sparkly Pumpkin does not lie. It is what it says on the tin, a sparkly orange bubble bar with a little cinnamon stick in the top giving the full pumpkin effect. Not only did this coat my hands in Gold glimmer lustre but it gave off a more subtle aroma than the Pumpkin bath bomb, my initial choice. Being a bubble bar it's easy to use it multiple times- just break a bit off and crumble it under running water for loads of Halloweeny bubbles. This is giving me Witches' cauldron vibes with that thought.
Contains:
Junipberry Oil (An antiseptic, a refreshing scent and stimulates the mind)
Lime Oil (Uplifting zesty fragrance, cleanses, tones and boosts circulation)
Grapefruit Oil (Has a cleansing, brightening effect on the skin)
Vegan
I'm always excited when Halloween/Christmas rolls around every year partly for the return of Lord of Misrule. Alongside this years addition of the shower cream (which while I love, I have to admit I'm more of a bath person) is the traditional crown shaped bath bomb. It's smell is so anti-traditional Christmas, instead of sweet and warm it's dark and almost musky. Inspired by the Pagan Feast of Fools Lord of Misrule's green exterior fizzes away to reveal a deep red wine colour. It's just awesome.
Contain:
Patchouli Oil (Distinct earthy aroma, relaxing, uplifting effect on the mind)
Black Pepper Oil (Warming with stimulant properties, combats mental fatigue)
Vanilla Absolute (Has some antioxidant properties)
Vegan
By far the best change to previous years products comes in the form of So White. Transformed into a Princess So White now carries a dainty green leaf on its exterior (I just happened to pick up one that was spreading across the rest of the bath bomb) and a whole new core for a fairtytale Christmas experience. I'm yet to try this but it's fresh floral smell gets me excited and I'll be sure to post a little review when I get the chance.
Contains:
Rose Absolute (Soothing and moisturisin with an evocative and delicate fragrance)
Neroli Oil (Floral, uplifting scent and has a toning effect on the skin)
Orange Flower Absolute (Fragrant and uplifting, thicker than Neroli oil)
Bergamot Oil (Natural fruit acids encourage hair to lie flat to reflect more light, antibacterial, uplifting fragrance that can treat SAD)
Vegan

I'll pop all the prices and links (UK) below if you want to take a look for yourself.

Sophie :3 x

Photos edited using PicsArt

Twitter: @nosophienoblog

Snapchat: nixonlsophie

 Blogger template by Ipietoon




Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About

19 year old liver of life delivering you quirky readings on lifestyle topics, anime and all round cuteness on a regular, or as regular as I can, basis. Twitter: @nosophienoblog