You Are Amazing





Initially I had a Lush demo planned for today, but the footage didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to and so I've postponed that till another day. I didn't want to put up nothing so I've been scrambling for ideas since I came back from work until I gave up and then it came to me in some cliche epiphany way. The past few days I can say I've been truly happy for the first time in a long time. I can feel proud of myself for how far I've came both personally and career wise. I can look at my body in the mirror and not mind that I've gone up 2/3 dress sizes because now it makes me healthy. I can be comforted by the fact I have an amazing circle of friends and family around me who will be with me no matter what. But this isn't about me.

You are amazing. Yes you, the one reading this. Whether you think it or not I think- wait- know you are. If people tell you that you aren't funny, I would laugh at your jokes because your intentions are good. If people tell you that you failed because you had a panic attack after 'doing so well' (I've had that more than once) then screw them because you've out done yourself ten fold. If people give you stick because you aren't the size you used to be then maybe they aren't happy with their own bodies and they have no reason to take it out on you. 

My point is no matter what people choose to kick you down for while you're obviously hurting, no matter how big or small, they can't break you. It's been a long road for me since the beginning of this year. I had no confidence, no motivation, no ambitions, I was seriously underweight and in a toxic situation. Now I'm free. I can be proud of myself for that, regardless of where I may fail elsewhere. So I understand where you're coming from when you're on the sofa, crying into your pillow thinking you've majorly messed up your life. But it's ok. Backtrack, think of the incredible progress you have made. Scrap today, get a tub of Ben & Jerry's (the only two men in life you can trust) and tackle tomorrow with a brave face.

You are truly amazing. These may be small words but if nobody else agrees then remember I do. We're all in this messed up boat together and there's no way I'm letting anybody drown. You or me.

Sophie <3 x

Photo courtesy of my Italy 2014 holiday (not edited).

Twitter: @nosophienoblog

Snapchat: nixonlsophie

Blogger template by Ipietoon

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About

19 year old liver of life delivering you quirky readings on lifestyle topics, anime and all round cuteness on a regular, or as regular as I can, basis. Twitter: @nosophienoblog