My Cute/Kawaii Mug Collection!

One of my big loves in life is a good cup of tea, made with no sugar and a tiny bit of milk as being a Northerner I tend to have mine quite strong (I've had Southerners tell me I'm mad before). Sometimes I have Soya milk, and on occasions I break the cycle with a cup of herbal tea of which I have an entire blog posts worth to show you another day (if that would be up your street let me know!)
Anyway, on with the important part, time to quit rambling and show you the adorable little (and big!) mugs that I ponder over when selecting the vessel for my perfect cup of tea.
Meet 'Penguin' (yes, occasionally I name my mugs but this one is for obvious reasons!). Penguin was purchased last year over the festive season at the card factory, along with the pair of socks it came with and subsequently a penguin pillow that I couldn't leave behind. This adorable little fella is the ideal way to get yourself into the spirit of those chilly winter months with a nice hot cup of tea (or coffee, I don't judge) and makes a cute companion as the dark nights set in. Sadly Penguin has a little chip on his other side from being dropped by somebody in the family, the culprit of which has yet to be found. Poor little Penguin.

Excuse the grubbiness of this well loved mug, I do apologise, but I think it does show just how much I love it at least. This is the first of two 'Little Miss' mugs that both got purchased for me in Christmas 2014- and certainly show two different opinions of my personality! This one came courtesy of my best friend Elin's mum and the beaming sunshine face certainly brightened my day. I use this mug pretty much every morning as a positive start to the long working day ahead and I couldn't imagine parting from it. And I promise I'm going to try and get those stains off again!

The second, slightly cleaner, of the two 'Little Miss' mugs is my 'Little Miss Princess' mug. Which is true! I do often call myself a princess. This was bought for me by my then boyfriend's parents at the same time I received the 'Little Miss Sunshine' mug. This royal mug does get it's fair bit of use too, but less so than the sunshine mug after all there's no doubt I'm a princess- I don't need to be reminded!

Another perfect pairing, the first of my two 'Mickey' mugs! This old fashioned style Mickey Mouse mug was bought from Sainsbury's a few months ago, I believe, around the time I was moving into my then house (long story!). The mug has a blue base to the image with Mickey's face on both sides. It's a standard size mug which is great for when I don't fancy a ginormous cup of tea from my other mammoth Mickey mug and is always the mug of choice when sat down in front of a Disney movie.

Behold! 'Mega Mickey!' This big Mug came courtesy of the Disney store some years ago and has the Disney store Official seal of approval on the base. Another old fashioned style Mickey this one features a joyful Mickey on one side and a print of his name on the other with a cute little Mickey face over the 'I' and paw prints along the bottom. I like this mug more so for big cups of tea, much needed after I come in from work as herbal teas tend to blend into the bright red background and come off more like water. But I do have one mug that is even bigger than Mega Mickey!

Behold Stitch! I love this adorable big blue Mug, I found this again at the Disney store some years ago and has the same seal on the base. Stitch's lovable growl expression sticks out of the mug in a 3D kinda way which gives it more of a feel to it than your flat standard mug. The other side features a beautiful sparkly blue with pink flowers and Stitch's name in swirly flowing handwriting which I love! In comparison to the Mega Mickey Mug I love this one for herbal tea when I need a good calming down, the pale blue shows off the colour of the tea perfectly.

I only discovered this beast of a mug when clearing out my mug cupboard for this collection when I was preparing for this post so I have no idea where he came from! But this sweet chunky mug wont be forgotten about anymore, like the Stitch mug it has 3D features with the tasty looking sweets (sadly not edible) coming out from the mugs' shiny black background. I think this mug would be perfect for a hot chocolate, imagine it topped with whipped cream and marshmallow's in some kind of sweet delight!

If I'm going to pick a favourite -I may have to pick this mug! Purely for it's quirky little play on words that just filled my heart with joy when I first opened it back last Christmas as a present from my friend Elin who I've previously mentioned (her families exquisite choice of mugs benefits my collection greatly). Sadly I've lost the Owl shaped spoon that accompanied this mug (and I've already ate the marshmallows that came in it. It's just too cute!

If you're a fan of the Pixar movie 'Inside Out' then you'll recognise the star of this adorable mug- Joy! Riley's inner happiness Joy is the epitome of what everyone should try to be which is why I originally purchased this quirky shaped mug for my Mum's birthday last year. Sadly it's long tube like shape is why she doesn't tend to use it often so I just had to take it under my wing and give this little mug some love. Joy's positive open arms just fill you with the determination to succeed in your day and her motivational message on the other side gives me the drive to get through a shift I'm not looking forward to, I love it's odd shape (It came from the Disney store where all of the Inside Out emotions had odd shaped mugs), it makes a nice change from your standard mug shape and shows cute doesn't have to be traditional!

Last of all comes another gem I found in my cupboard whilst getting the mugs ready to photograph for this blog post. A tinsy winsy mug, I'm guessing this must have been passed down through the family and wound up in our possession judging by it's intricate decorations. The mug features a range of delightful sweet treats and words, with a little flowery jug on the inside. I can imagine this would be perfect for when I don't have the time for a normal cup of tea- after all it's awful to waste such a wonderful beverage.

Whilst small, this collection of mugs makes me happy. I like anything cute and I like choice, mixing up my mugs just weirdly fills me with Joy. Get it? Joy. Do you have a favourite Mug? Tweet me it on my twitter below or send me a Snapchat of it.

Sophie :3 x

Photos edited using PicsArt

Twitter: @nosophienoblog

Snapchat: nixonlsophie

Blogger template by Ipietoon







Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Followers

About

19 year old liver of life delivering you quirky readings on lifestyle topics, anime and all round cuteness on a regular, or as regular as I can, basis. Twitter: @nosophienoblog